Baccarat is one of the most popular and widespread online casino games going. So it’s no wonder that it’s enjoyed similar success online. Also known as Punto Banco, it is especially popular in Macau and comes in various forms with three different types of table.
Firstly there’s Big Table Baccarat. This is for the serious online casino players; expect high table minimums and expensive suits. Big Table Baccarat usually has three dealers and 12 to 14 players; although it’s customary for the dealer to bet on the banker, players do have the option on whether to bet on either the player or the banker in most instances. The dealer will rotate around the table, if a player doesn’t wish to deal then they may pass the shoe to the next player, the player will keep dealing for as long as the bank keeps winning. The dealer will place two face-down cards beneath the shoe and deal two cards to the player with the highest bet on the current player two cards, also face down. Then the player who is dealing will turn over the cards and the online casino dealer will declare the totals. Occasionally (depending on the total) the online casino dealer will tell the player dealing to deal a third card after which it’s simply a case of paying out winnings.
Mini Baccarat is a smaller, faster version of the game. Very much the same as Big Table Baccarat, with the similar odds (although sometimes it’s dealt from a six shoe deck which alters things slightly). The only real difference is that the dealer turns over all the cards. Last but not least, there is Midi Baccarat, which is the same as Mini Baccarat, but with higher limits and is played on a larger table. In order to find a casino online that offers these variations of Baccarat, head over to MrCasinon.com, as they have plenty of information regarding the game selection at many of the popular casinos active today.
Whatever the form of online casino Baccarat you’re playing the same key rules apply, these are as follows:
- Baccarat usually uses 8 decks of cards.
- At the beginning of a new shoe the dealer will burn a number of cards equal to the number of a card he will draw (faces equal ten).
- The point value of cards is Ace equals 1, 2-9 equals pip value, and faces equal 0.
- Play begins when all players have placed a bet on the banker, player, or the event of a tie.
- The dealer will place the cut card sixteen places from the bottom. When the cut card is drawn the dealer will finish that hand and play one more end before starting a new shoe. In the case of the cut card being drawn first the dealer will finish that hand and immediately start a new shoe.
- When it comes to determining the total of the two cards dealt to the player and the banker the score is taken from right of the cards. So if the cards drawn were a 7 and a 4, the total would 11 and the score would be 1. The scores range from 0 to 9 and it is impossible to go bust.
- A third card will be drawn based on the following;
- If the player or banker has a total of 8 or 9. They both must stand. This overrides all rules.
- The score of the dealer and player are compared at the end of each game, the greater score wins.
- On winning banker bets the player will be paid even money.
There you have it, online casino Baccarat explained. There is no denying, this is a simple game that will keep you coming back for more as it has for many players the world over.